A five-day course for touch professionals with Dr. Betty Martin
When & where: 26-30 September in Dawlish, Devon.
Times: 10am-6pm each day
Do you get paid to put your hands on people? Want to make your sessions safe, effective and satisfying? Then you need this course.
You’ve taken the courses — tantra, massage, sexuality education, sexological bodywork — and you’ve got the skills. But what is it, exactly, that makes you a professional? (Hint: it’s not the money).
You can learn great massage or tantric skills in many places, but what is it that makes your work, well, professional? If you are doing hands-on work, you need to have your own personal clarity, accurate protocols for assessment, and skills to teach consent and empowerment to your clients/students. You need to know the difference between giving and receiving, and to know – exactly – how to make sure you never overstep what your client is ready for.
That’s what separates the dilettantes from the pros. And that is where this course comes in.
This class is unique.
There are many wonderful places to learn bodywork and tantra skills, but there are two critical pieces that make your work as a professional... well, professional.
- Empowerment and informed consent – teaching your client how to become exquisitely aware of their own desires and limits and how to communicate them. Reminding them it’s OK to say ‘No’ is not enough.
- Assessment – finding out what your client is ready for and – more importantly – what they are not. This must be done with guided body experience, not just with conversation.
This class is for touch professionals who take their work seriously. It’s for anyone doing hands-on work – therapeutically-based, pleasure-based or both: therapeutic massage, pleasure-based massage, Sexological Bodywork, Tantra, courtesan experiences, teaching sex technique, Sacred Intimates, courtesans, escorts, pro dommes, massage artists, sexual healers, surrogates, dakas and dakinis, tantrikas, and sex coaches.
Others who have found the class helpful include talk therapists, sexuality and relationship coaches and experienced non-professionals who wish to deepen and clarify their own erotic path.
Here’s what you will learn:
- The single most important skill a practitioner can have and how to develop it (it’s NOT another technique!)
- What 'giving' and 'receiving' REALLY are and why knowing the difference is crucial for getting profound results for your clients and students
- What you are responsible for in your sessions and what you are not — so you can serve your clients far beyond what they expect without tying yourself in knots
- Assessment – what you need to notice BEFORE you even start, making less work for you and more powerful results for them
- How to create a strong container for your clients that has enough safety for them to get into the REAL work they are coming to you for
- When to bring your own pleasure into session (and when not to!) — making it more fun for everyone
- What’s actually going on in healing work and how to help your clients access parts of themselves that have been hidden away
- How to bring both clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying.
Here’s how it’s structured:
Five full days, including two days practical work.
We meet as professionals for each day of the course. We spend the first two days on YOU – finding where you are clear (or not) in receiving and giving, and give you the framework of the Quadrants that everything else is built on. This is often the big ‘Aha’ day.
Then you learn assessment protocols so you find out what is useful for your client – and what is not (and when to set aside your groovy techniques in light of that). We show you how to use this in varied situations and then each participant has time to ask, brainstorm and clarify how this fits into their own particular form of work. Forms of work vary, and therefore so does the application.
This will be interwoven with hands-on practice to enable the teachings to be experienced and embodied.
This is what we don’t cover:
- We don’t teach bodywork techniques, but instead the skills to clarify, enhance and empower all your touch.
- There are many opportunities for exchanging touch as part of the learning. There is no genital touch in the workshop.
- Business and marketing skills are mentioned briefly but not focused on.
- The training is limited to 20 students.
How to book:
Please complete the application at the end of this page.
International / transport
There are some direct trains to Dawlish from London Paddington (3-3.5 hours travel time) as well as from Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester. UK train times can be checked and booked here.
If you are travelling from Amsterdam, Ireland, Paris or parts of Spain the closest airport is Exeter.
For most European travellers the closest airport is Bristol. There is a bus to Bristol Parkway station then a 90-120 minute train journey.
Transcontinental participants will probably fly to London in which case London Heathrow is about 30 minutes closer than London Gatwick.
Dr Betty Martin is a Chiropractor, a Body Electric School trained Sacred Intimate, Certified Sexological Bodyworker, Foundations of Facilitation trainer, and a self-propelled erotic adventurer and intimacy coach. She has 30 years professional experience of working as a hands-on professional, first in therapeutics – Chiropractic, Somato-Respiratory Integration, Educational Kinesiology, Reiki, Neuro-Emotional Integration – and later in body-based erotic education, including sensual massage, Taoist Erotic Massage, Kashmiri tantric massage and Sexological Bodywork. She is the pioneer of a new model for understanding the nature of touch called the 'Wheel of Consent'.