Foundations of Facilitation
An intensive weekend course in facilitating groups
With Dr Betty Martin
Dates: 6pm Friday 28th – 6pm Sunday 30th August 2015
Location: Dawlish, Devon
Price: $595 - approximately £360 ($495 for students). The price includes all training materials, lunch and snacks.
Foundations of Facilitation Training is a weekend-long intensive program designed to provide you with the skills you need to create powerful, transformative workshops. Whether you are new to running events for groups, or have been facilitating for years, this interactive, hands-on training will provide you with skills that will enhance your confidence, create new depth to your presentations, and improve your ability to create relatedness with just about anyone.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- create safe, non-sexual space to allow connection between your participants
- lead workshops that leave your participants feeling touched, open, valued and nurtured
- generate an environment where women and men communicate more authentically
- listen profoundly
- create a powerful relatedness with strangers quickly and easily
- be more open to others and able to give and receive comfortably
- create strong boundaries for yourself without shutting others down.
YOU WILL ALSO LEARN:
- tools for building a strong, intimate community
- advanced tools for handling rejection
- communication techniques that open people up to discuss intimacy, desires, fears and needs.
WHO TAKES THIS TRAINING?
Caretakers, teachers, workshop instructors, group facilitators, community builders, dance and drama instructors, coaches, massage therapists, healers, social workers and the like will find much of value to their fields in this training, though the training is by no means limited to professionals in these fields. Previous participants have come from backgrounds as diverse as computer administration, art history, and even acting. The skills gained in this training will benefit anyone who leads groups, whether in the boardroom, on the nature trail, or in a studio.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TRAINING WEEKEND?
- Participation in a Cuddle Party event
- Two full days of intensive training, covering communication techniques, touch exercises, facilitation training, in-depth listening, boundary setting, and more
- Workbook including facilitation concepts, tip sheets, worksheets and more
- Lunch and snacks daily
- Opportunities to connect with your fellow participants.
WHAT ABOUT CUDDLE PARTIES?
Some people who take this training are using it for their own events. Others are interested in facilitating Cuddle Party events.
For those heading toward certification for Cuddle Party events – this is the first step in the process. The second step is the follow-up training that is specifically about Cuddle Party events. You may enroll in both courses up front, or you may take this course by itself, or you can wait until after this course to decide.
Regardless of whether you want to lead Cuddle Party events or not, the material covered in this intensive can be beneficial on the job, in your relationships, and even in your interactions with complete strangers.
Booking: Click here to apply for this training.
Join our Meetup group to find out more about our events.